Pages

Pink Sisters Monastery, Tagaytay City Blogseries 2 of 7

Indeed a blessed morning at Pink Sisters Monastery, a holy place visited by pilgrims and tourists each day worshiping our Lord God. Before heading off to a long day, we put God first in our itinerary, and this actually turned out to be one of my favorite mornings of the year. 


My boyfriend lives in Cavite, one of the provinces making up South Luzon. I asked him what Pink Sisters is known for. He said it was famous for its quick masses, taking around 45 minutes tops and of course, the sisters/nuns wearing pink. 
Taking photos inside the chapel is not completely prohibited as long as you shut the flashes off and keep ourselves from distracting people from praying. I discreetly took this photo to show you a glimpse of how the sanctuary appears inside plus the infamous pink sister uniform.
The sisters pray at this simple altar 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can only get to see them on the other side of the grills and no chance of having conversations with them. 
A bust statue of St. Arnold Janssen, founder of the Monastery.

TQT Trivia:
Bust statues are types of statues depicting a person's head and neck. It is basically elevated on a plinth or a block supporting the image and may also show portions of the shoulders and chest in most cases just like the statue of St. Arnold shown above.

Now time for a little stroll...
One of the million things I love about travelling is not just about the destination. It also is really about the journey itself. Just like our faith, we may take different paths. Some paved, some rough and dangerous. But at the end of the day, there is still only one destination, one God.
I hope we all realize how blessed are we to receive our daily gifts. Abundance of peace and love, if only we open our hearts and minds to acknowledge and accept them, not take them for granted. We should all be grateful each day, and even right now, you reading this is blessed, because you're blessed with access to technology at the tip of your fingers while others hike past mountains to learn something each day.
Directions to Pink Sisters Monastery: 
Once in Tagaytay City, head to Olivarez Center and from there, it's just about 500 meters away. You can either get there by using a private vehicle, a rented jeepney, tricycle or just  jog your way to the monastery. Jogging would be great since the weather in Tagaytay is already cool, it would definitely be a breeze to jog around in the early hours of the day. 
Once again, Thank you and God bless!

Read my first installment for my Tagaytay City series: Bag of Beans, Tagaytay. And please do stay tuned for the my next post to complete a jam packed Tagaytay itinerary :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mel! I hope it's okay with you that I included this post on my Tagaytay travel guide (http://www.lakadpilipinas.com/2013/08/tagaytay-travel-guide-itinerary.html)

    I linked it back to this page of course. Do let me know if you're not amenable with this and I'll remove it asap.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sure. No prob :) I'm actually honored if you do so. I'm gonna include yours (Lakad Pilipinas) in my blogroll too.

      Delete
  2. Hello Mel! Could I use some of your content for our project? For example, "Text." - Mel Indiongco. Thank you and have a nice day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...