Pages

Chocolate Hills, Bohol

Welcome to the Chocolate Hills! 

Location: Bohol, Philippines!


Probably counting as many as 1,700+ hills, they rank as one of the original Seven Wonders of the Earth!  As a first timer, you might wonder how they got the name. Generally, they are covered in green grass, but during the dry season, the grass naturally dry up and turn brown, hence the name "Chocolate Hills" would be an obvious yummy name.
When I was young, redundantly every year, I'd flip a page from my Philippine History book and find photos and description of these hills and I thought, "I wish I could see these someday". I didn't know how, but I never lost hope. Iv'e always talked about Bohol to my boyfriend, and one day in 2012, he called me and asked me if I was free in February for a trip to Bohol! You probably knew my answer, I couldn't sleep well after that until this dream came true! We traveled to more places in the months in between, I'm very thankful he loves to wander as well.

Enough of that, here is the arch leading to the Unesco heritage site and the path that leads to my dream destination ^_^. 


It was so exciting! But upon seeing these stairs, I thought "Oh boy, here comes reality". You can't jump straight to fulfill your dream, you have to climb your way to it - literally! With each step we got closer...

and closer... halfway there. Just a little more guys, we can do this!


And finally! After breaking a little sweat on a hot, humid summer afternoon, I fulfill one of my life-long dreams! Hundreds more to go! I never stop dreaming, I dream everyday, I fulfill dreams everyday. From a single dried fish craving to capturing history and preserving my culture and heritage.



Speaking of heritage, might I share with you some of what I call: TQT fact:
UNESCO World Heritage Sites - are sites that belong to the people of the world. 
"Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today, and what we pass on the the future generations. Our cultural and natural heritage are both irreplaceable sources of life and inspiration." - UNESCO World Heritage



One of the million things I love about him - he's naturally spontaneous and fun to be with. He does put up with a lot of cheesy moments a every normal girl looks for in a boyfriend. He's man enough to show everyone who he really is.

Once again, thank you for sharing a milestone with me! 'till next time loves!

Click here to see other things to do in Bohol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...